Photography Workshop Terms and Conditions
Registering to attend a photography workshop indicates your acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
1. Registration is accepted first come first served based on receipt of a completed registration form and payment of the registration fee. Payments may be made online with a PayPal or by bank transfer. Where you agree to pay for a course in instalments, you are committed and liable to pay all of the instalments if you subsequently decide to leave the course for any reason.
2. If the workshop or course is cancelled by Paul Burgess Photography you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel your registration you will receive a full refund or credit for use at a future workshop or course up to 45 days before the workshop. Your registration fee will not be refunded if you cancel less than 45 days before the start of the workshop or course, but you will be offered a credit to the value of the fee you have paid for future workshops. Paul Burgess Photography reserve the right to alter or cancel any workshop. We will try not to do this, but if we have to, you will have the choice of accepting the change, transferring to an alternative workshop date, or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a full refund.
3. Because of unpredictable weather or other things beyond our control, photography workshops must remain flexible. This means that the descriptions and itinerary are an indication of what we may do on the workshop, rather than an absolute promise of items and activities.
4. Outdoor workshops may require walking for several miles over uneven ground, managing pests such as ticks or
mosquitoes, inclement weather, and other unforeseen difficulties. If you have concerns about your own capabilities and/or fitness, please contact Paul Burgess Photography before registering. By submitting a registration form you certify that you do not knowingly have any condition that would create a risk for you or other participants.
5. Participants will receive two emails before the workshop: 1) a confirmation of registration and payment, and 2)
details on where and when we will meet, recommendations on clothing, camera equipment and other gear, and a reading list to help you prepare for the workshop, as well as contact information should you have any questions.
6. Paul Burgess Photography, guest presenters and workshop assistants aim to provide every participant a safe, educational, and enjoyable experience. There is always an element of risk in any outdoor activity including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, and loss or damage to personal property. By attending any workshop offered by Paul Burgess Photography, participants acknowledge that they are aware of these risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop. Further, they release Paul Burgess Photography, guest presenters and workshop assistants from any liability. We assume no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the workshop or in transit thereto. We accept no liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services because of weather
conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness.
7. If you have a complaint, or you are not satisfied with your workshop you should tell us about it at the time so that we have an opportunity to put things right. If you feel or felt that you could not raise the issue at the time, you should make your complaint no more than 28 days after the workshop ends.